Need a fresh take on décor? Look to our Designer Series Paper! Making storage spaces, such as bookcases, look new and creative can be a bit challenging. First, you need to spruce up a stuffy bookcase and then tackle the books that never coordinate. Instead of calling the publishing house about their cover designs, create your own! Our artist used our inspiring Designer Series Paper to dress up her books, turning boring storage to chic décor in minutes!
- Paint an empty wood crate.
- Choose a few books you’d like to re-cover and cut your favorite Designer Series Paper to the height of the book. You’ll usually need more than one sheet of paper.
- Score the Designer Series Paper at 2″ on either side for the flaps of the cover (so you don’t have to adhere the paper to the book). The basics of this project are really simple, giving you time for artistry.
- You can find wood crates at craft or hardware stores—or get them for free at warehouses or online.
- Stack several crates on top of each other to build an asymmetrical bookcase; let’s face it, stackable storage is the best solution for dorm rooms and small rooms.
- Change the book covers with the season. Our Designer Series Paper is always bright and trendy so you never have to search for colors or ideas.
- Embellish your book covers with punches, stamps, and die cuts.
After you’ve revived your bookcase, consider what other corners and spaces in your home you can turn from drab to fab!
Morning Post Alphabet Stamp Set; Summer Starfruit and Whisper White Cardstock; 2012–2014 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack; Comfort Café, Howlstooth & Scaringbone, and Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper; First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper; Pinwheels on Parade Simply Scrappin’; Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad; Silver Mini Brads; Stampin’ Dimensionals; Fancy Flower and 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle Punches; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack; Big Shot; Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies; hot glue; sewing machine and thread.
*These samples use retired products, but you can use any of our current products to get the same general look.