Just like you….. I desired to learn “how to tie a bow”
I got out some old ribbon I didn’t mind playing with and tied bow after bow.
***Slow down my video into sections and practice with it.
I’ve tried lots of methods and found I liked:
- leaving the ribbon on the spool, you never short yourself and have problems with one end or the other being to short.
- work from right to left (ribbon on spool)
- bring left OVER right (cut edge of ribbon)
- IMPORTANT-when tying the knot, make sure the ribbon does not twist and become bulky at the tied area, must keep smooth at that knot area. I hope I didn’t go to fast for you, I really did try to slow it down so you would understand!
- now you have a CROSS shape, hold tight, put left finger on knot and bring up bottom (cut edge of ribbon) to form a loop.
- bring (clock-wise) top ribbon around the loop and push through the opening to form second loop.
WOW! you did it, created your own bow!
7.Now it needs adjusting. Put finger on knot and pull ends to get to the size bow you desire.
Please don’t give up if it feels awkward…at first it always does. It does take a little practice to feel comfortable, I know you can do it!!!!
Be sure and leave me a comment, I love hearing from YOU!